Field Trip Procedures and Protocols for Manor High School
The following procedures are in place to ensure that students/teachers are well prepared and equipped to handle upcoming trips. This process is extended to school day and weekend trips associated with Manor High School.
Teachers will be sent these forms at the beginning of the year...
Step One- Attend calendar meeting and place field trips on master calendar or discuss with appropriate person calendar posting (Price, Staten, Ash/school website)
- Note the calendar black out days which are before and during major test, this is a non-negotiable
No trips wiil take place on blackout days and testing windows
Step Two- Secure the proper paperwork and documentation needed to take a trip
- If additional forms are needed, it is the responsibility of the sponsors to secure those documents as well.
- This includes the MHS's Field Trip Procedures page. This forms must be completed and turned into
Ms. Rubin/Ms. Staten with a list of all students attending with ID # for attendance purposes.
- Also this list needs to be sent to the nurse in case any students have medical conditions you should be
- Step Three- Send home MHS Permission Slip Form. This is done to ensure that parents gave consent and medical information is available in case of emergency.
- These documents should travel with students on trip in case it is needed
- Step Four- Have students complete anExtracurricular Field Trip From. This form allows teachers to know that students will be missing their class and also gives them an opportunity to voice concerns.
- Students must be passing all classes, have good attendance and not have excessive tardies.
- Step Five- Make sure that all documents on the Field Trip Procedure Form are submitted
TWO WEEKS BEFORE DEPARTURE DATE. (This is non-negotiable) if you do not turn forms in at the appropriate time field trips will not take place.
- This information should be scanned and stored for documentation.
- This includes Bus Trip Request Forms and Request for Overnight/Out of State/Out of the County Travel Forms
- Step Six- Take all necessary trip forms with you on the trip with students
- This includes the attendance roster, permission slips with medical release information.
- Attendance roster must be turned in upon returning from trip for documentation purposes
Note: If the Permission Slip Form, Field Trip Request Forms, Bus Trip Request Forms and Request for Overnight/Out of State/Out of the County Travel Forms are not filled out in the appropriate time frame Trips can be denied for travel.
All parents/ adults that intend to chaperone field trips must fill out a Volunteer Application.
To do that, they go to
- MISD website
- Parents & Students
The Volunteer Application link is in the center of the Volunteer webpage.
A Volunteer is anyone who could potentially be alone with children other than their own.
They will not be allowed to volunteer or attend field trips without completing this process.